Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Other Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required Public Trust/Other Required:
NACI (T1) Job Family:
Program Management Job Description:
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues of $10M and above
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia is an independent operating bureau within the Department of Commerce, subject to the policy direction of the Secretary of Commerce. The USPTO is responsible for the administration of Intellectual Property (IP) laws, including those relevant to the examination, processing and granting of patents and the registering of trademarks, and the promotion of IP systems as a means of protecting economic prosperity. The USPTO has recommitted to agile principles and practices for IT delivery. The USPTO's focus is on empowered resources who can research, assess, and make decisions on how to advance from concept to delivery. USPTO executives engage to set a high-level strategy and communicate priorities, however, a majority of the decision-making occurs at the working level.
Required Qualifications include:
- Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
- Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
- Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
- Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
- Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
- Performs business development activities at all stages, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
- Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
- Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 10+ years of overall industry experience working with the USPTO customer and in programs involved within the areas of Computer Science such as Software Development, Agile Management, DevSecOps, etc.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks along with an ability to offer and implement solutions to address these
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving
- Strong leadership, Business acumen and proactive Customer service skills
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a complex environment (as well as external partners and service providers)
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 10+ (ten) years' experience preferred in leadership roles or related experience leading a team of 50+ FTE
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while building credibility and strong (internal and external) customer relationships as a trusted advisor who understands their business needs and can balance with organizational strategy
- Ability to obtain and maintain a USPTO Public Trust clearance
- Professional certification (PMP)
Desired Leadership Qualities:
- Clarity - are clear and concise at all times; has a clear picture of the vision in mind, and knows what needs to be accomplished
- Decisiveness - show great consistency with decisions, rarely backing out unless it is absolutely necessary
- Courage - practice how to be fearless in service of achieving goals and fulfilling the role as a bold leader
- Passion - the best leaders exhibit boundless energy and passion for what they do - be passionate about what you know, what you care about, and what you do
- Humility - admit when you are wrong and take criticism as an opportunity for growth, demonstrate how development is important to success in any role
- Use empowerment, trust and other strategies as appropriate to develop and motivate team members
- Communicate expectations, assignments and responsibilities clearly and professionally
- Build trust and camaraderie between team members
- Inspire and motivate teamwork for achieving goals
- Influence valuable changes and positive outcomes
- Be open to new ideas coming from team members
- Motivateandinspire everyone to do their best work
- Maintain positivemorale and workplace harmony
Preferred qualifications include:
- Scaled Agile training and/or certification
SCOPE: Manages a medium to large team or department focused on multiple areas. Medium to High complexity.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 10+ years of experience Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed Work Location:
USA VA Alexandria Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.