Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
DHS EOD Public Trust/Other Required:
BI Full 6C (T4) Job Family:
Configuration Job Description:Position Description
Opportunity for an innovative and experienced Infrastructure Management/Technical Lead to join an IT Operations Project for a federal government system. The candidate will lead and provide expertise for a large enterprise Infrastructure environment. Roles and Responsibilities
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Administer enterprise-wide Infrastructure Management program in accordance with established policies.
- Ensure all deployments follow Change, Configuration, and Infrastructure policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate and facilitate readiness reviews for CRs as required and approve releases if delegated approval authority. Readiness reviews include but are not limited to Agile Frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), Legacy systems, Waterfall Methodology milestones, and ad-hoc reviews for infrastructure CRs that may not conform to any methodology.
- Verify all testing reports to ensure that changes have completed testing to minimize incidents that may affect users.
- Manage the overall schedules that have implications and dependencies on projects across enterprise to eliminate conflicts.
- Review all infrastructure deployment and rollback documents and artifacts, work with the Project teams on developed packages and artifacts to ensure overall minimal impact due to changes.
- Communicate the scope, impact, risk and schedule of deployments to stakeholders and notify the Service Desk on deployment schedules.
- Facilitate and oversee all rollouts of software, hardware, and infrastructure changes.
- Provide Performance Metrics, on weekly, quarterly, periodic and ad-hoc changes associated with successful/failed deployments, number of readiness reviews conducted, etc.
- Participate in Infrastructure Release Planning Reviews, Daily Scrums, and release retrospectives to determine test and production readiness, and post implementation lessons learned for all Agile projects.
- Guide the team with expertise on security patch evaluation, system administration, configuration development and deployment. Seucity patches related with all browsers, Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle all other consumer SW products.
- Research and implement improvements for a new process for ISVM patches, patch automation, Data Center Monthly Maintenance automation.
- The Create and manage new Service Requests and workflows for processing patches.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or the equivalent and 5-7 years related experience or a MS and 5+ years of experience or the equivalent
- 5+ years' experience leading teams and projects for developing, maintaining, and administering complex IT systems; capturing stakeholder requirements and translating into automated solutions; and managing the full application lifecycle
- Knowledge of ITIL framework required, and ITIL certification strongly preferred
- Program/Project management experience, and experience with Agile, Scrum, DevOps practices strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Strong skills in the use of Service Management tools, such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Identify and champion organizational and process changes that support automated cloud provisioning; assist with the creation and maintenance of standard cloud computing policies, operating procedures, and overall documentation
- Experience with Patch automation implementation and process improvements required
- Experience building roadmaps, evaluating technologies
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and coordinate cross-functional work teams (including Infrastructure, Support, On-Call, Development, Quality Assurance, Subject Matter Experts (SME), architects, and business stakeholders) towards task completion
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, configuration management database (CMDB), code packaging, Jira, Salesforce, ELK, Git Hub, AWS and basic Unix commands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to represent the team in briefings and in presentations.
- Experience with working in an ITIL v3 or v4 framework to deliver enterprise services.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet schedules and deadlines, to multi-task, to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments and pay close attention to detail.
- US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD.
- Experience with any DHS agencies or entities.
- Experience with Agile/DevSecOps processes.
- Experience using ServiceNow, AWS
Candidate must be an US citizen able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed Work Location:
USA VA Herndon - 13857 Mclearen Road (VAS091) Additional Work Locations:
USA MS Stennis Space Center - 1103 Stennis Space Center - (MSS004), USA NC Raleigh
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posting ID: 611176427Posted: 2021-03-08