Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph Suitability:
Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Cyber Security Job Description:
This position functions as a hands-on wireless detection specialist for a continuous monitoring program, with specific focus on Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS). This position is responsible for the monitoring of the Enterprise WIDS, and the response (both physically and virtually) to wireless intrusion/violation incidents detected by the WIDS. This position engages in hands-on operation of the various mobile/portable products in response to unauthorized wireless devices detections.
This position requires support of a rotational schedule across multiple customer sites within the Washington Metropolitan Area with varying works schedules that may include 0700 to 1500 or 0900 to 1700.
Typical activities performed by this position may include:
1. Monitor and analyze WIDS data to identify wireless security incidents requiring response/remediation.
2. Correlation with physical access control logs, and response (by phone, e-mail, etc.) to "virtually" investigate and resolve the incidents.
3. Conduct actual physical investigation/response to locate unauthorized devices and resolve the wireless security incidents.
4. Coordinate/Interface with other government entities/personnel to resolve wireless incidents.
5. Prepare incident tickets and reports regarding the wireless security investigations/violations.
6. Analyze successful and unsuccessful wireless intrusion attempts and/or compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
7. Conduct wireless security assessments utilizing mobile/portable wireless device detection tools.
8. Maintains current working knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Must be capable of carrying a 15-pound daypack for periods of 2-8 hours over multiple days. Education
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience. Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- 2+ years of related network or system engineering experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with any of the following specific skills is desired (but not required).
40 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed Work Location:
USA VA Herndon Additional Work Locations:
USA VA McLean, USA VA Springfield
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.