The Store Team Leader provides leadership for the successful operation of the entire store. The Store Team Leader creates and leads a sales team that is passionate about selling merchandise and executing company plans. This positions drives objectives that increase profitability and ensure a good customer and Associate experience. Responsibilities include all aspects of financial and operational results, merchandising, associate development, and customer service.
- Responsible for the financial oversight of all sales and profit goals including management of payroll budgets, expenses, store banking, shrink reduction, and timely completion of related reports.
- Execution of company programs; such as, Door To Floor expectations, Red Book completion/utilization and any other company programs that impact the store.
- Ensure that all Associates are provided daily tasks and are being productive.
- Implement successful strategies for merchandising, store standards, Redbook compliance, seasonal transition planning, inventory processes, and company programs to ensure that all operational expectations are met.
- Ensure that all customer service standards are held to company expectations.
- Develop and execute plans for coaching, training, developing, evaluating, supervising, and scheduling store associates.
- Ensure the store is staffed and Associate schedules reflect the needs of the business and meet budget expectations.
- Maintain the proper hiring, recruiting, interviewing, selection, and onboarding of candidates to ensure the staffing needs of the store are continually met.
- Provide direction and oversight of all Associate performance reviews and increases.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of internal reporting processes based on district, regional and company expectations.
- Communicate company directives and programs to store Associates and ensure that all follow-up items are completed accurately and timely.
- Develop and support a team-oriented environment with all store Associates.
- Ensure that building maintenance and repairs are reported properly and completed as necessary.
- Ensure the successful execution of the company recognition program.
- Responsible for the proper security of the building and all company assets.
- Perform all Team Leader functions to open and close the store as needed.
- Communicate regularly with District Leadership and various Support Center departments with regard to business dynamics, marketing needs, inventory concerns and any other pertinent information that may have an impact to the business.
- Ensure bank deposits are taken to the bank following company policy and guidelines
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree related to business management preferred.
- Minimum of three years' retail experience in a supervisory role within a mid-size to large retail or service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to effectively manage in a professional work environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Knowledge of industry terms and processes.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and delegate tasks.
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and Associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 611176620Posted: 2021-03-15Job Title: Store Manager