Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret/SCI Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph Suitability:
Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required:Job Family:
Functional Experts Job Description:
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security is not just a singular part of our mission-it connects every one of us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a TS/SCI ClearedChange Management Coordinator
joining our team to support our intelligence customerat Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO. In this role, a typical day will include:
Candidate will become a member of Data Center Services (DCS's) Engineering Change Management team supporting a major Intelligence Community customer. Candidate will work under the general guidance and directly for the DCS Engineering Change Management Lead. Candidate will be required to research, compose, coordinate, and present the Program's engineering activities through internal Boards and the customer's Outage Control Board (OCB) for validation and approval. Participates in the OCB validation and various approval meetings acting as a technical advisor, presenter, and subject matter expert for telecommunications and WAN/LAN related Authorized Outages (AOs). Assists in planning and developing methods, procedures, and policies concerning telecommunications systems and implementing telecommunication projects. Participates in program management reviews, technical oversight meetings, and workshops to keep abreast of program controls, changes and new standard systems being acquired for installation. Candidate will develop a deep understanding of the Intelligence Community (IC)-ITE initiative and will participate in the IC DeskTop Environment (DTE) IT change management process. Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5-10 years of IT requirements managements, configuration management, change management or Systems Engineering experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
- Ability to interface with the customer on a consistent basis and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Must demonstrate familiarity (technical and performance requirements) with existing customer's IT systems and segments.
- Understands the "why" behind the customer needs and can clearly articulate it to others.
- Highly organized with the ability to strategically think about operational needs and opportunities, while always taking a customer and partner-centric approach.
- Ability to inspire and work collaboratively with individuals of highly diverse cultures in a global and virtual environment and effectively communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for managing 10-30 engineering activities/requirements a week including new activities, updating the status of existing activities, modifying as needed for date changes, preparing briefings, attending eight Outage Control Board (OCB) meetings a week and 2-4 Senior level briefings discussing high or significant outage impacts.
- Research, draft, coordinate, finalize and submit for validation and approval of AOs.
- Must be able to interact with IC DTE Integrated Program Office (IPO) and T leadership to provide IC DTE status and assist in shaping IC DTE roles and responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Must have ability to support core hours in support of our customers
- Basic understanding of various virtualization technology principles and cloud computing.
- ITIL Foundations; or an understanding of ITIL and the application of domain knowledge of the NGA architecture and infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with National Geospatial Intelligence Agency or Mission Partner Systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the client's Governance and Process Controls procedures (Board, control gates etc.)
- Must have an understanding of the ISP/ASP construct
- Enterprise Management Tools experience (BMC Remedy ITSM, ServiceNow)
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Familiarity with IC Connect (Adobe) and other meeting facilitation tools
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
The likely salary range for this position is $102,244 - $153,366, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Travel Required:
Less than 10% Telecommuting Options:
Telecommuting 100% Work Location:
Any Location / Remote Additional Work Locations:
USA VA Springfield Total Rewards at GDIT:
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match. To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available. We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.