Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Group
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Requisition #:
212874Title: Department AssistantDepartment: Hospital MedicineLocation:
UMass Memorial Medical Group - UniversityGrade: 10Posting Date: March 2, 2021Shift: daysStatus:
Non-ExemptUnion: non-unionHours: 40Shift Length: 8Position Summary:
The Department Assistant is responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative support services essential to the daily operations of the department. Participates in special projects and initiatives. Manages assigned projects. Maintains databases and reports.Major Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the department management, coordinates a variety of administrative assignments. Ensures timely processing and documentation for various administrative programs.
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets to capture information for various assignments and reporting purposes. Reconciles data to ensure accuracy and completeness. Researches and resolves all data gaps.
- Provides administrative support for the department and for projects which may include arranging meetings and conferences, producing a variety of correspondence and reports, and related clerical support duties including, but limited to, receiving phone calls and messages, ordering, copying, filing, faxing, and opening, sorting and distributing department mail.
- May serve as subject matter expert for the department policies and procedures.
- Ensures adequate inventory of office supplies and basic maintenance of office equipment. Coordinates the timely repair of office equipment. Ensures basic set up and maintenance of office personal computers and associated equipment. Ensures timely service.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of related department administration experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Previous experience with database software
- Ability to use standard computer software packages and applications
- Knowledge of medical terminology
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Standards of Respect:
Acknowledge Listen Communicate Be Responsive Be a Team Player Be Kind
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [emailprotected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.