Description Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.We would love to have you join the Scheels team!Overview:SCHEELS is seeking a maintenance and facilities manager for our store! SCHEELS boasts the largest selection of sports gear and apparel under one roof. The Maintenance and Facilities Manager will be responsible for promoting high standards of quality, safety, accuracy and thoroughness; perform and facilitate day to day preventive maintenance, repair and renovation of the fixtures and equipment within the facility. Qualified candidates will possess the skills necessary to be highly organized, professional in speaking with outside contractors and maintenance companies, keep detailed records and follow through on quarterly maintenance schedules. In addition, experience with carpentry, building HVAC systems, and electrical systems is preferred, but not required. SCHEELS prides itself on customer service, and this associate will uphold that standard by treating others with respect and appreciation. Compensation for this position starts at $16.00-$18.00/hour based on experience, and average work hours are 40 hours per week.What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:Customer Service
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Build, repair and install facility fixtures, cabinetry, flooring and wall coverings, windows, doors and partitions
- Assist with floor moves, building of displays and other miscellaneous duties relating to retail floor
- Oversee daily inspection and maintenance of all amusement rides and simulators
- Supervise outside service companies and vendors on all applicable areas of facility not maintained by in-house maintenance team. These include, but not limited to: escalator, elevator, conveyors, HVAC, boiler, irrigation system, sprinkler system, generators, aquarium, restaurant equipment and landscaping
- Establishes scope of work for maintenance team and outside service companies and vendors, negotiates yearly contracts
- Follow through with all warranty work with contractors and vendors of the facility in timely manner
- Works within approved budgets while implementing cost saving measures
- Supervise and oversee maintenance team employees and responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable of all equipment and tools and how to use them properly
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondences and memos. Be able to give directions and provide guidance to maintenance team.
- Ability to make own decisions and exhibits sound judgment while practicing utmost safety working ethics.
- Ability to perform basic math; probability and statistical inference, geometry and trigonometry; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small groups to customers, clients and other employees.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies
- Other duties that may be assigned by supervisor, as needed
Two to four years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiences.Activity:
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodationVery heavy work -
Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injurySchedule:
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule Monday through Friday, with preferred start time of 6am, and occasional night and weekend work as needed. Average hours per week is 40 hours. Benefits:
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.