Description Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.We would love to have you join the Scheels team!Job Summary:
Promote high standards of safety and cleanliness of our facility with available hours from 6am-9am Monday through Saturday, and 9am-11am on Sunday. Compensation for this position starts at $13.00/hour, and average work hours are 15 hours per week.Essential Job Functions:
- Basic janitorial duties to include,but not limited to, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning, and emptying waste baskets.
- Answering calls from associates to help customers with issues such as spills, wet floors, and general clean-up.
- Picking up trash in the parking lot and surrounding areas.
- Sanitation of the facility restrooms and its fixtures.
- Reporting and needed repairs to supervisor such as leaks, loose tiles, or broken fixtures.
- Train new associates and follow-up on facility team duties
- Assist in removal of snow and debris from walkways, rooftops, and landscaping around the building
- Other duties that may be assigned by supervisor, as needed.
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Ability to lift items over head more than 6 feet
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift, bend, sit, twist frequently
- Ability to speak for extended periods to vendors or associates
- Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Education and Experience:
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondences and memos.
- Ability to make own decisions and exhibits sound judgment while practicing upmost safety working ethics.
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere, and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures.
- Work assigned schedule; may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Previous janitorial experience is preferred but is not required.Benefits:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Associate Discount
- 401(K) / ROTH(K)
- Employee Assistance Program
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
Posting ID: 611176959Posted: 2021-03-15Job Title: Facility Cleaning Crew