Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Group Physicians
Everyone Is a Caregiver.
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Academic Palliative Care Physician
The Division of Palliative Medicine at UMass Memorial Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical School is seeking a full-time palliative care physician to join their established program to provide inpatient and outpatient consultation services for a diverse patient population in a dynamic teaching environment. Highlights of the program include:
- Close collaboration with hospital medicine, oncology, critical care, primary care and other disciplines in generalist palliative care education and quality improvement projects
- Partnership with the medical center and ACO in building inpatient and community-based palliative care
- Multiple opportunities to teach in our palliative care fellowship program, as well as students, residents and other subspecialty fellows during bedside rounds, scheduled didactics and clinical rotations
- Curricular development at the medical and nursing schools, including communication skills practice at our state-of-the-art simulation center
- Opportunities for clinical and medical education research in collaboration with multiple academic departments and divisions
- Collaborations with the Schwartz Center for Compassion in Healthcare and the Arnold P. Gold Foundation to promote humanism and resiliency in medicine
- Academic rank commensurate with experience
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package.
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. We are the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, with access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials. In addition to our fully equipped medical centers, our system also includes home health and hospice partners, behavioral health programs and community-based physician practices. UMass Memorial is located in Central Massachusetts and is close to all the lifestyle benefits of New England including Boston, Cape Cod and numerous other surrounding recreational areas.
Interested candidates should send CV to:
Jennifer Reidy, MD, MS, FAAHPM
Chief, Division of Palliative Care, UMass Memorial Medical Center
C/O: Timothy Greeley, Physician Recruiter
Email: [emailprotected]Standards of Respect:
Acknowledge Listen Communicate Be Responsive Be a Team Player Be Kind
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [emailprotected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.