Description Position at JBS USA Food CompanyMaintenance Technician - 1st ShiftPurpose & Scope:
Maintains, tests, repairs, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. This position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles to insure consistent reliable operation of the technical equipment within and around a production areaPrinciple Responsibilities
: List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Develops and executes planned maintenance programs for equipment within and supporting production areas.
- Develops and executes training for the maintenance team to insure proper skill level is maintained to support the equipment for this operation.
- Works with the Corporate Engineering controls team to plan and execute technology based projects.
- Insure compliance to Local, State and Federal safety programs and works with the facility safety team to insure plant programs meet these requirements.
- Physical demands: Climbing including ladders, lifting, working with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
- Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of heat, and cold conditions.
- This position will work a rotating shift assigned to either days or nights.
Education: Minimum of High School
Preferred an associates on a technical or mechanical vocation.
- 1-2 years' experience in an industrial production facility or trade experience preferred.
- Special Skills:
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
- Great pay and benefits; ranges from $20.85/hr to $30.00/hr depending on qualifications
- Rotational, 12 hour shifts/4 days a week/3 days off
- Requires overtime work
EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled and Drug Free Workplace
Please apply on line:
Please click on the link and follow the instruction below:
Click on the JBS "VIEW JOBS" - OPEN POSITIONS
Click on SELECT A LOCATION: PLAINWELL, MI
CLICK ON "SEARCH"
You will find ALL OPENINGS FOR PLAINWELL FACILITY.
Click on the POSITION you want to apply
CLICK ON APPLY
Posting ID: 611177245Posted: 2021-03-08Job Title: Beef Maintenance Technician