This position has the knowledge and demonstrates ability to operate mixers, pumping equipment, hi-speed mixers, and tinting equipment in the production area. The Chemical Blender will be able to follow process orders from beginning to end and record all pertinent information. This individual will add materials at specified quantities and times, observe temperatures and or mixtures and record necessary batch information, take, conduct, and record samples at designated times to ensure timely, consistent, quality batches.
To Perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential function.
- Manufacture/blend batches for liquid filling line.
- Weigh, measure and mix liquid, solids, and powders.
- Use scales, thermometers, and refractometers.
- Be proficient in math to calculate batch requirements and tolerances.
- Ability to ensure and document quality.
- Efficiently use the companys enterprise resource planning system to maintain accurate inventories and department paperwork and records.
- Work with various departments, suppliers, and the railroad company to arrange for bulk shipments.
- Draw samples of mixture for laboratory analysis. Perform simple laboratory tests such as viscosity and density
- Maintain good housekeeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
The individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
- Demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and learn to perform simple maintenance tasks.
- Accurately multiply, divide, add, and subtract whole numbers to resolve practical problems.
- Operate a computerPC proficiency; use spreadsheets and reporting software effectively.
- Wear/use required PPE (personal protective equipment). Understand written instruction and complete appropriate documentation as directed.
- Use a logical approach to troubleshooting issues and prioritizing production needs.
- Recognize problems when they occur and to work toward the solution of those problems.
- Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers. Present information clearly and accurately.
- Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities, and job knowledge.
- Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
- Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
- Use equipment, resources, and time in an efficient and effective manner.
- Use good judgment when making decisions.
- Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
- Work in a cooperative manner with management, co-workers, internal/external customers, and vendors.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
An individual qualified for this job must have and maintain the following qualifications:
- At least one year related experience or any satisfactory combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
- Must be able to obtain forklift and pallet jack license through Highline Warren Distribution.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain in a stationary position while loading and unloading trucks or using blending equipment.
- Regularly move about and transport tools and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds
- Position hoses and tools requiring up to eighty (80) pounds of force to accommodate loading and unloading operations.
- Position oneself to access valves and adjust hoses to connect to delivery points of various heights or positions, including at floor level.
- Reach forward and overhead to adjust and clean valves.
- Ascend/descend stairs/ladders to access and work atop tanks and rail cars while collecting samples and loading and unloading product.
- Operate, position, and use a wide variety of hand tools and equipment, as well as a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels and have the ability to exchange detailed information.
- Move about the manufacturing facility to observe and effectively communicate with team members and perform job duties.
- Visually observe and interact with associates and equipment in the plant setting.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
- The individual will work in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Posting ID: 611180895Posted: 2021-03-08Job Title: Chemical Blender