Rx Optical is seeking to add Opticians to an already talented group of individuals. The Optician is much more than a sales associate. They serve as the patient’s eyewear designer- ensuring that the look, fit, and feel exceeds the patient’s expectation. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enjoys working one-on-one with people, and thrives in a fashion environment. This is a high end retail position that requires professional attire and an energetic positive attitude at all times.
Compensation Package: We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, short term disability, flex spending, 401K options, vacation pay, medical, vision, and dental plans.
- Design an eyewear package that fits the patient’s eye care needs, and personal style.
- Provide honest and confident feedback to patients regarding style and fit of eyewear.
- Greet customers in a timely, professional, and polite manner.
- All opticians will prepare to take and pass the American Board of Opticianry certification exam through the Rx Optical training manuals.
- Collect eye measurements.
- Adjust eyewear to ensure proper fit.
- Obtain and interpret insurance eligibility.
- Educate patients about their eyewear package.
- Answer phone calls in a polite manner to assist patients with scheduling, & other requests.
- Master computer software to manage patient care.
- Verify exactness of finished lenses.
- Actively participate in the cleanliness of the office.
- Provide an exceptional patient experience 100% of the time.
- Have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- 1 year of specialty retail experience, preferred.
- Creative eye for fashion, helpful.
- Ability to work flexible schedule that meets business needs, which will require evenings, and Saturday shifts.
- Must have a strong passion for helping people.
- Represent yourself with a clean and neat appearance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively handle patient concerns and possess the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a quick-paced environment.
- May involve prolonged periods of stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, sitting, standing, and/or crawling as appropriate.
- May be required to move materials up to 50 pounds, reach, push, or pull in order to accomplish a job responsibility.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
This job description is not intended to represent an all- inclusive list of job responsibilities, but to outline the essential functions of this position.
Rx Optical reserves the right to revise this job description at any time with or without notice.
Rx Optical is an equal opportunity employer.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 18 years or older
- 6+ months of experience in the retail industry
- Background check
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
Posting ID: 611193926Posted: 2021-04-09Job Title: Sales Associate