Ambitious? To you, meeting new people and closing deals are second nature, and a little friendly competition is your favorite fuel. If this sounds like someone you see in the mirror each morning, then you may be a solid contender for a gig as a Territory Sales Representative.
This is an opportunity to channel your formidable energy and entrepreneurial swagger into extraordinary sales experiences, helping customers from the starting gate to the finish line with our cutting-edge products and services. In this consultative sales role, you will provide solutions by selling Cox data, video, home security & voice services to residential customers while managing your assigned territory.
We are Cox Communications, part of the Cox family of businesses, and our teams are driving a wave of innovation and reimagining how we connect with our customers.What You'll Do
As a Territory Sales Representative
, you'll have the opportunity to generate new leads, sales, and upgrades. That means becoming a wiz at sales prospecting, referrals, partner relationships, and canvassing and networking through an assigned territory. You'll be the architect of your own face-to-face sales presentations, from creation to delivery, and you'll be involved in touchpoints from assessing clients' needs to closing the sale.
- Get to know and grow with homeowner associations, multi-dwelling unit managers, leasing agents and others to help generate sales.
- Get to assist with training new hires, team with other departments, and partner with leadership to unearth new approaches to growth.
- Occasionally install or disconnect customer telecommunication services, collect payments and equipment from customers.
- Work non-traditional work hours to maximize client contact opportunities
- Of course, you'll need to maintain the highest ethical standards, follow company policy, and be a professional when representing us, taking ownership of the customer experience.
Sounds like a lot, huh? Well, with great responsibility comes...great rewards and recognition. What's in it for you? Keep reading, because this is important too!
What's In It For You
Cox Communications rewards the talented, hard-working folks that help drive our growth. We've created an exceptional salary package
, plus additional incentives including the highly-sought-after Winner's Circle reward for top sales people. We are an inclusive, pro-sales environment
where different perspectives are valued and celebrated. Tools and training to up your game? We've got them. And we offer a work/life balance
that allows you to enjoy things like family, friends, and lots 'o flexibility.
We believe in taking good care of our team so you'll also have access to benefits like a 401(K) with company match
, quality healthcare & life insurance
, performance and recognition rewards for top salespeople
, and coverage of travel expenses. And, we also know that every one has unique concerns and priorities as we navigate life and manage our overall physical, mental and financial well-being, so we offer access to a lifestyle coach, paid time off to volunteer, employee discounts and even pet insurance (cool, right)? Bottom line, we take good care of our employees
. Want to join us? Here's who we are looking for...
Who You Are
You're energetic, always on the move. You love a fast-paced work environment, and you like being outside and building relationships in the field. You relish new challenges, you're competitive, and you're ready to conquer the world. You're also an ethical, organized, analytical person who enjoys meeting and working with diverse groups of people.
- High school diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- Valid state driver's license, good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws, to sell Home Security
- Proficient knowledge of and ability to operate a Smart Phone, iPad and a computer
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather: heat, cold, rain, snow, etc
- Ability to walk 1 or more miles a day and up and down stairs
- Must be able to carry an iPad with case and a light bag with marketing materials for 5 plus hours a day
- BS/BA degree
- Knowledge of local market with established local contacts
- 1+ years of outside/field sales experience with quota requirements.
- Experience in direct sales in home security or telecommunications industry.
Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!
Who We AreAbout Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.