Oversees the Construction Crew Members team for the California Region. Handling the planning, coordination, and building of aerial and underground construction projects with a focus on routine and emergency repair and maintenance. Coordinates and oversees field engineering, creation of efficient route designs, and project quality control. Participates in project estimating and forecasting. Responsible for the performance, evaluation, and training of construction planning team. Obtains access and right-of-way agreements. Coordinates permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles and underground construction jobs. Conducts cross-boundary coordination with adjacent teams and partners, internal and external to the company. Ensures project compliance with California General Orders 95 and 128. What are the typical accountabilities and tasks of your job?
- Reviews and approves all project designs and determines cost effectiveness.
- Conducts planning coordinating and budgeting activities while managing operational expense budget and capital expenses and resources relative to the projects.
- Coordinates all processes, communication, accountabilities, and procedures associated with the project.
- Researches, compiles, and reports current data relative to the project.
- Develops and monitors plan and time-table for execution of project and ensures effective monitoring and analyses of business objectives related to the project.
- Interprets and implements company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitors and oversees Compliance operations to provide complete, quality services with exceptional reliability and performance.
- Promotes continued development of team members and self - to include planning and implementing team and personal development goals, contributing to team member performance evaluations, and managing team time and labor.
- Develops processes to meet regulatory compliance for Planning and Construction within company, state, and federal guidelines for safety and reliability.
- Manages execution of short and long term goals for the team.
- Reaches out to other Cox locations/peers for sharing of best practices, lessons learned, reliability and operational efficiencies.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital and expense budgets.
- Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure project meets due dates.
- Sets priorities and reviews performance of staff.
- Ability to research and interpret GO95 and 128 rules.
- 3 or more years of experience required in utility construction field, or related field
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Sharepoint-style databases, and applicable construction workflow software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work and grow in a leadership role
- 2 or more years of experience in a leadership role (Team Lead, Supervisor, etc)
- Experience in cable and/or telecommunications construction
- Familiarity with California Public Utility Commission construction and safety regulations
Who We AreAbout Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.