Associate's Degree - Nursing/Patient Care; Certificate - Nursing/Patient Care; Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Placeholder; Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association; Initiates Authorizations, Referrals & Med Refills; Nursing/Patient Care; Patient Records Management - LPN; Service and Communication - LPN; Direct Patient Care Licensed Practical Nurse 2TRAVEL
Never or Rarely WHAT WE NEED
Strong, healing caretakersWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Nurses prepare patients for procedures, help put patients and their families at ease, administer medication and so much more. For many patients, their nurse is the person they see most often and the one with whom they identify most closely. Our nurses are important to our patients - and important to us. Here at Franciscan Health, our nurses are part of a family of faith, working side-by-side with a medical team that firmly believes God is truly present in our buildings and in our care.
Are you ready to take your nursing to a place with a higher calling? Do you have excellent bedside manner and just as good communication with fellow nurses and physicians? Are you organized and accurate? Do you love knowing that you've followed orders and provided the best possible care? We have a special place waiting just for you.WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Provide direct patient care, which may include rooming patients, taking vitals, obtaining a comprehensive medical history, administering vaccines, injections, and medications, phlebotomy, point of care testing, triaging phone calls and medication reconciliation
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers via phone, electronic and in person.
- Apply written and verbal communication skills on multiple levels, and leverage analysis and critical thinking to support provider.
- Enter patient information into the EHR system.
- Use EHR and other software systems for referrals, prior authorizations, medication research, and other duties.
- Initiate and follow through on prior authorizations, referrals, and medication refills.
LOCATION: FRANCISCAN PHYSICIAN NETWORK CARDIOLOGY LOGANSPORT, INDETAILS: FULL-TIME 40 HOURS/WEEK DAY SHIFT
- Prior Nursing/Patient Care experience.
- Knowledge of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Standard Precautions.
- Understanding of terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
- Knowledge of Hematology/blood collection technology, techniques, and procedures.
- Understanding of typical and atypical human systems and development.
- Deliver patient education under established protocols.
- Pharmaceutical terminology, generic and trade names, and ICD coding knowledge.
- Develop effective relationships with patients, hospital departments, and other external parties.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Posting ID: 611336447Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse