Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association; Diploma; High School Diploma/GED; Safe Work Environment Emergency Medical Services; Unit Specific Certifications - Franciscan AllianceTRAVEL
Never or Rarely WHAT WE NEED
Clinical procedure supportWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Physicians need reliable and efficient support in the procedure room and beyond. They need G.I. technicians who are just as comfortable passing instruments as taking patient vitals and handling specimens. Technicians that don't just handle a fast-paced day but thrive in it.
Are you able to follow well-defined instructions on the spot? Are you detail-oriented and organized? Do you work well as part of a team? We have an opportunity you're going to love.WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Demonstrate clinical competence in assisting during G.I. Lab procedures under the supervision of the registered nurse in delivering safe and effective care to the patient during a G.I. Lab procedure and the perioperative phase of care.
- Assist the endoscopist during the procedure.
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize of endoscopes and non-disposable endoscopy equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Gather equipment, instruments and supplies for the endoscopic procedure.
- Assemble equipment, instruments and supplies to be ready for use for the endoscopy procedure.
- Check video monitors, equipment and scopes prior to the start of the procedure.
- Remove video monitors/equipment/scopes from use, label the equipment "Out of Order" if not functional and notify the charge nurse and the endoscopy nurse of the monitor equipment/scope problem.
- Maintain appropriate endoscopy supplies at PAR levels.
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner.
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficient computer skills.
Posting ID: 611336519Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Endoscopy Technician