Job ID: 269162
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass. Job Summary
We are seeking a full-time Material Handler for our Wright City, MO facility. The Material Handler is responsible for streamlining and expediting production by moving materials, primarily glass, from one position/location to another safely and efficiently. Some assembly and quality control duties are also necessary. This position requires the flexibility to work in different functions throughout the plant.
The Material Handler role in our Wright City location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within at our Wright City location. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader! Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lift/carry materials (primarily glass) from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the production process
- Protect self & others from harm; use safe work practices, correct or report hazards, keep work areas clean & organized
- Understand and apply inspection procedures and tolerances to pass or reject materials and/or products
- Understand and apply instructions to process and/or assemble raw materials & components to create a finished product Perform preventative maintenance activities as needed or instructed
- Learn and perform various plant functions as assigned; all shop functions are considered essential functions of the job Communicate questions, issues, & concerns to co-workers, supervisors, and/or managers
- Understand and comply with all written policies, work rules, and work instructions. Execute verbal directions as instructed Respect co-workers to maintain a civil and safe work environment
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- Basic computer input and interface skills
- Ability to read and use a tape measure
- Stable work history with previous manufacturing/fabrication experience and/or mechanical aptitude preferred
- Flexible work availability (typically Monday through Friday with occasional weekends)
- Ability to bend and twist frequently andcarry, walk, and reach constantly
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.frequently
- Standingand walking on a concretefloor; wearing steel-toed shoes withmetatarsal guards and other safety equipmentfor eight hours or more daily
- Ability to work in a noisy, dusty environment under varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, cold, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job Additional Information
Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow:
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope has partnered with DailyPay to offer you the ability to access your earnings before your next paycheck based on current hours worked. You can transfer your earnings instantly for $2.99 per transaction or next-day for $1.99. Certain terms and conditions apply. What Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope , a CRH company Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay starting at $15/hr, with an off-shift premium of $1.50/hr for second or third shift
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program (401k), with a company match of up to 4%
- Life insurance coverage available
- Available flexible spending accounts (FSAs) for eligible healthcare expenses and dependent day care expenses
- Wellness program with potential discounts for participation
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope , a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted:Mar 5, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
St LouisJob Segment:
Fabrication, Facilities, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations