Job ID: 267941
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety. Roadway Quality Control ManagerJob Responsibilites:Safety:
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment.
- Active in field level safety culture including but not limited to T-5 participation, mentoring employees, and educating sub-contractors.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety through actions and leadership.
- Identify and document any near misses throughout the shift. Hold additional T-5's throughout the shift if applicable.
- Review and update, no less than, biannually all pertinent JSA's with respect to QC technicians
- Never compromise safety to meet a quality or production goal.
Minimum Skills and Requirements:
- Hire and Train FDOT qualified Roadway QC technicians. Including but not limited to the following:
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities
- Providing "hands on" field training including but not limited to:
- Establishing rolling patterns
- Density Gauge operation
- Roadway report requirements
- Smart level calibration and operation
- Rolling Straightedge calibration and operation
- Temperature testing
- Measuring yield
- Cross Slope verification and reporting
- Verify and/or research the applicable specifications that apply as it relates to QC requirements on each project. Particular emphasis needs to be put on the asphalt portion of the QC requirements.
- Meet with project managers to ensure that all QC requirements are understood prior to mobilization.
- Facilitate and mentor a teamwork culture between all lines of business.
- Communicate all QC requirements for each project to the QC technician and Foreman prior to assignment.
- Audit daily roadway, cross slope, and straightedge reports for accuracy and make corrections.
- Maintain Job Specific files for all Roadway QC data and reports.
- Perform spread rate analysis daily for all active jobs and on a lot by lot basis. Report the results to the team.
- Track asphalt quantities by item for each contract.
- Execute monthly FDOT Certifications for Fuel and Bit as required.
- FDOT(MAC)/Client Database entries as required by project.
- QC Control plan creation and implementation.
- Verification that the work performed is consistent with the plans.
- 3-5 years experience in an Asphalt Quality Control Manager or equivalent role, including managing direct reports.
- Must have prior experience in Asphalt Quality Control, ideally in both field and lab environments.
- Must possess FDOT CTQP Asphalt Paving Level I & II trainng.
- FDOT CTQP Quality Control (QC) Manager certification highly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Knowledge and ability to perform mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, division, multiplication, percentages and weights).
- Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
- Must be able to read and use measuring devices.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for the territory of operation.
The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted:Mar 8, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Transportation, Manager, Database, Engineering, Management, Technology