Work for One of the World's Best Hospitals!
In 2019 and 2020, Newsweek named Southcoast Health among the World's Best Hospitals (Charlton Memorial, St. Luke's, and Tobey). In addition, Southcoast Health was voted by readers as South Coast Media Group's Best Place to Work
in 2019 and 2020. Why? Because we have some of the most talented people in the world!
We are searching for a Tele Video Monitor Technician to provide continuous observation and monitoring of up to 16 high-risk patients who have been determined to be at risk for potential injury to self or others. Operate Tele Sitter Video Monitoring system, perform safety rounding, and patient checks, maintain fleet of video monitoring system including delivering, picking up, and cleaning of equipment. Skilled use of appropriate tone, language, ability to identify escalating behaviors, and utilize skilled de-escalation techniques. Ability to prioritize simultaneous situations. Communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes. Ability to communicate effectively using a microphone and headset. Accurately document and provide thorough shift hand off report. Knowledge and supportive of patient and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies. Use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff. Bilingual in both English and Portuguese preferred. Provide functional or technical supervision of other employees in the same or related classifications where supervisory responsibility is limited to occasional direction, guidance, etc.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Hours: 32 (Part Time)
- Shift: Nights - 11:15p-7:15a - w/ weekend and holiday rotations
- Location: St. Luke's Hospital, New Bedford, MA
- Equal to completion of four years of high school or equivalent.
- Additional secondary healthcare training including mental health experience is preferred.
- Training or the equivalent experience caring for patients with behavioral issues required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft office.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis and emergency situations is required.
- Must possess and demonstrate highly effective interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills.
- Previous similar patient care experience is preferred.
- Education and experience equivalent to a minimum of one (1) year of experience required.
- Efficiency in multitasking, and the ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
- BLS required.
Southcoast Health is a community healthcare system with multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. By uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts. Together We Are More.
- With more than 7,500 employees, Southcoast Health is the largest employer in Southeastern Mass., and the 18th largest employer in the Commonwealth, according to the Boston Business Journal.
- We strive for a culture of health and well-being that recognizes, respects, and celebrates the rich diversity of one another and the communities we serve.
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees' lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 24 hours.
**Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours. Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us to be More than medicine!Southcoast Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting ID: 611337779Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Tech