Job ID: 269061
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company,a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners. Job Summary
As an Oldcastle MachineOperator,you will operate manual and/or automated machinery in afast-paced, coveredand uncovered manufacturing environment, perform preventive maintenance, set up production machinery, and ensure proper machine performance, making a quality product for our customers. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Observe equipment operation and components, such as sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, conveyor belts, and photo eyes, to detect machine malfunction
- Read gauges, change settings, move levers, shift gears, and depress pedals to operate equipment
- Usetouchpadsand computerized equipment to program automated machinery
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Perform routine maintenance of production equipment to include lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3+ years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training.andexperience
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 60 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing and working outside
- Working knowledge of safety principles, such as lock-out/tag-out
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 65 lbs., extended standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, working inside and outside, and use of fall protection equipment
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Mar 4, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Manufacturing