Job ID: 269699
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete productsand more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For LifefromOldcastle InfrastructureonVimeo. Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for assembling/fabricating rebar cages for production. Other duties may include welding, cage assembly, rolling cages, running rebar sheer line, and other work requested by management. If you have a desire to learn and grow in a team environment then Oldcastle Infrastructure could be a great place for your career! Responsibilities
- Read cutting lists and usage sheets
- Must read blueprints and schematics
- Learn Oldcastle Infrastructure quality standards
- Minimize scrap and rework
- Use of hand tools and how to use them safely
- Be able to learn basic welding
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of your job
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Dexterity, to handle small screws and parts
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Prior manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to lift a maximum of 75 lbs. on an intermittent basis
- Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move objects through the fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching)
- Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others. The on/off-loading of materials from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Apr 6, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
ElginNearest Secondary Market:
Fabrication, Welding, Chemical Engineer, Pipe Welding, Manufacturing, Engineering