Job ID: 268010
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co., A CRH Company, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation. Position Overview
The shop/yard laborer is responsible for performing general maintenance duties as assigned.
* This is a great opportunity for an individual with mechanical aptitude or interest and looking for a career in this field.* Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains cleanliness of shop and yard premises
- Responsible for collecting and emptying garbage
- Sweeps shop premises and maintain a clean and organized work area for shop members
- Performs general landscape duties
- Occasionally picks up parts from vendors and delivers to plants, shop, or various job sites
- Performs snow removal with a shovel, snow blower, or bobcat when necessary
- Operates water truck, sweeper, forklift, front end loader, and delivery truck (non-CDL); may assist with loading customers or performing other general customer service tasks
- Demonstrates safe work habits and takes an active role in the Company's safety program
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Routinely assist other members of the workforce in different areas of production.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Valid driver's license required
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance, and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Must pass physical exam and pre-employment-controlled substance testing
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Mar 2, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Laborer, General Labor, Labor, Warehouse, Forklift, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations