Job ID: 269939
MoistureShield, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. MoistureShield has pioneered the use of recycled polyethylene plastic in the manufacture of composite building materials. With its constantly evolving portfolio of patented and proprietary recycling technologies, MoistureShield has been widely recognized as a leader in resource conservation innovation and received the EPA Award for Environmental Excellence for its process of converting scrap plastic to composite outdoor decking. Job Summary
The Buyer position is a key resource for facilitating the effective procurement of raw material products within assigned planner codes in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Buyer supports a variety of employees within the organization to clarify needs, evaluate and / or determine suppliers, generate / place orders and manage ongoing supplier interactions within the local operations. Key Responsibilities
Requirements & Qualifications
- Negotiate best value with suppliers
- Sourcing products with new suppliers.
- Perform materials quotation for prices and delivery
- Procure products within assigned commodity areas in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Identify and reduce long lead times in the system by utilizing material strategies with suppliers
- Review daily MRP exception message, purchase order status, and order action reports and take appropriate action
- Must know when/where to buy goods and services
- Resolve material price variances
- Identify alternate solutions for obsolete components and work with engineering for approval
- Ensure timely delivery of products to support manufacturing
- Develop new/better/alternate sources of supply to reduce the supplier base
- Maintain purchasing data in computer system so that it is always current
- Update and lead supplier scorecard reviews
- Follow-up with suppliers on open actions and provide guidance on short and long-term resolutions.
- Create a path to meet KPIs (PPV, VOI, LTA)
- Maintain appropriate lead times, minimums and multiples; vendor information for all assigned parts in the system
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years relevant purchasing experience required in a manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain function
- Understanding of engineering drawings and flow charts required
- MRP exposure required
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills needed
- Experience working with suppliers including quoting, order processing and tracking delivery and quality performance
- Intermediate level of computer skills in e-mail, internet, Word, and Excel
What CRH Americas Offers You
- CPIM or equivalent preferred
- Negotiation experience preferred
- Advanced Excel/MRP experience preferred
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
MoistureShield, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted:Mar 8, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Procurement, Engineer, Supply, Buyer, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering
Posting ID: 611337870Posted: 2021-03-09