Job ID: 267660
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete productsand more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways. Job Description Summary
The role will be responsible for performing routine tests as required on raw materials, in process components and final product. The candidate will participate in the validation of tests, inspections, processing methods and materials qualifications. Position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of Quality Control functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform daily compressive strength testing of hardened concrete specimens
- Monitor production operations as required
- Assist when necessary with strip, setup, and pouring of products
- Perform daily pre/post pour inspections on products
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in quality assurance is preferred
- ACI / PCI Certification preferred (Highly desire a candidate who has attained the ACI Field Technician Grade I or PCI Level I/II Certification)
- Experience with construction materials
- Basic computer skills
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- If not already attained, required to pass ACI Concrete Field Testing Methods within 3 months and maintain certification
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted:Apr 3, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
San FranciscoNearest Secondary Market:
Technician, Chemical Engineer, Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Field Service, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing