The Emergency Department at Fairview Ridges (Burnsville, MN) is a 45 bed unit, serves patients of all ages, from pediatrics to adults, and incorporates a multidisciplinary approach to all emergencies. Schedule
The schedule will consist of working 3 out of the 6 weekends, with rotating holidays. Week 1
Thursday: 3p-11p Week 2
Sunday: 10a-6p Week 3
Sunday: 3p-11p Week 4
Thursday: 3p-11p Week 5
The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for the clerical activities on the unit assigned. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of the patients' medical records, transcription of medical orders
- Scheduling and coordination of patient tests and procedures
- Maintenance of unit communication system
- Answering phones
- Coordination of communication between unit based staff, physicians, other departments as needed
Qualifications Required Qualifcations:
- 1 year customer service experience
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Previous HUC, administrative or hospitality industry experience
- Completion of HUC training program or demonstrated HUC experience of 1-2 years, if HUC Vo-Tech has not been completed.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, telephone, and written) and computer skills required
- Experience and knowledge of the electronic medical record EPIC
- Ability to focus and work in an environment of frequent interruptions
- Strong organizational skills.
Posting ID: 611337976Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Unit Coordinator