Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing high-quality service, cost effective service while ensuring patient and employee safety. Responsible for the overall management of daily operations of the Perioperative Central Sterile Processing (CSP) to include all sterile processing, decontamination, inventory control, distribution, employee training, and quality control. Areas of assigned responsibility may include procedural areas within St Johns
Provides direction and audits compliance for the supported areas.
Provides input and direction to the System Sterilization Standardization Committee that directs standardization of the Fairview System sterilization processes, policies and procedures, AAMI, AORN, EPA, OSHA, and other related industry guidelines. Assumes responsibility for the operation of the Perioperative CSP Department and any other assigned areas.
Accountable for planning and financial management for the Perioperative CSP Department
- Manages the overall operation and activities of the unit.
- Recommends and formulates necessary policies that assures compliance with state/federal guidelines, which govern the management of the program and coordinates with Fairview policies.
- Determines staffing needs as evidenced by budgetary analysis and/or department indicators on an ongoing basis, providing an appropriate number, mix and selection of competent staff.
- Manages the production schedule to ensure the hospitals' surgical instruments, scopes, metal ware, implants, and sterile product needs are on time, sterile, functional and complete.
- Ensures employees are meeting their daily productivity measures.
Assumes responsibility for compliance with external regulatory agencies
- Ensures proper utilization of financial resources.
- Recommends plans for future developments including changes in staffing, workload, computer hardware/software, space and equipment and employee education.
- Assists the director in developing a strategic plan consistent with Fairview's and department's long-range plan.
- Assists with the development of and manages to the department dashboard and process improvement initiatives.
Responsible for Human Resources management of the employees in Perioperative CSP department.
- Aware of JCAHO, AAMI, AORN, OSHA, Department of Health and other regulatory requirements related to instrument processing, infection control and employee safety.
- Manages and maintains the required documentation related to sterile processing and employee safety.
- Provides input and direction to the System Sterilization Standardization Committee that directs standardization of Fairview System sterilization processes, policies and procedures, AAAMI, AORN, EPA, OSHA, and other related industry guidelines.
Maintains Customer/Vendor relationships e.g. Hospital Surgeries, Supply chain, Clinics, Ancillary departments, Vendors providing loaner instruments, linen, central supply, etc.
- Provides staff with both annual performance reviews and on-going performance feedback and recommendations for staff development or assures completed by supervisor.
- Counsels staff in human resource management issues.
- Ensures compliance with HR policies, department guidelines and applicable union contracts.
- Provides leadership in team building, employee engagement and conflict management.
Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level of populations served.
- Develops and monitors process improvement initiatives to assure quality standards are being met: Quality of 100% sterile, complete, functional, and on time.
- Rounds at all hospital sites to identify customer needs, process improvement needs, and maintain good customer relations
- Audits compliance as required.
- Partners with patient/care-giver in determining their sterile products and instrument needs.
- Communicates in a respectful manner.
- Ensures a safe, secure environment.
- Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
- Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
- Provides patient education based on an assessment of learning needs of patient/care-giver.
- Completes all initial and annual required learning relevant to the role.
- Complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Contributes to a safe work environment.
Qualifications Experience:Minimum Experience
- 5 years' experience in sterile process, operating room or supply chain.
- 3 years in a leadership (supervisor or lead) role.
- Production process experience
- Operating Room experience
- Six Sigma Training
- LEAN Manufacturing
- Instrument tracking Systems
Posting ID: 611337979Posted: 2021-03-09