The Emergency Department at Fairview Ridges (Burnsville, MN) is a 45 bed unit, serves patients of all ages, from pediatrics to adults, and incorporates a multidisciplinary approach to all emergencies. This is a casual position. The schedule will be variable.
- The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for the clerical activities on the unit assigned. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of the patients' medical records, transcription of medical orders
- Scheduling and coordination of patient tests and procedures
- Maintenance of unit communication system
- Answering phones
- Coordination of communication between unit based staff, physicians, other departments as needed
Qualifications Required Qualifications
• 1 year customer service experience Preferred Qualifications
• 2+ years customer service experience
• Previous HUC, administrative or hospitality industry experience
• Completion of HUC training program or demonstrated HUC experience of 1-2 years, if HUC Vo-Tech has not been completed.
• Understanding of medical terminology. Desired Skills:
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, telephone, and written) and computer skills required
• Experience and knowledge of the electronic medical record EPIC
• Ability to focus and work in an environment of frequent interruptions
• Strong organizational skills.
Posting ID: 611338002Posted: 2021-03-09