The Manager of Trend and Concept creates and presents the seasonal trend while acting as the primary liaison between Merchandising, Marketing and Ecomm.
Seasonal Concepting of Trends presented at each quarterly strategy meeting
- Collect images to represent and illustrate current and future trends as related to division (work with graphic designer on creation of presentation boards)
- Oversee and categorize the concept image folders to ensure timely data input and output
- React with business initiatives involving product, design, merchandising, and process
- Attend pre and post market reviews by division.
- Manage the concept sample organization and uphold each season's presentation set-up
- Keep up-to-date information of customer identity and interests relating to social and cultural influences and relay information to the Divisional Merchants
- Continuously update concept books with fluctuating trends within the marketplace
- Shop competition and take photos/buy samples for buyers to pull together inspiration
- Reinforce a process to relay important trend & concept information to cross functional teams
- Attend Share Out meetings with cross functional team members to drive the vision and priorities of the merchants.
- Drive the in-house styling & merchant vision for photo shoots and window looks
- Communicate the must have items and key looks of the seasons.
- Help to communicate bi- weekly Speed to market direction and turn-independing upon digital asset needs
- Hold seasonal meetings and share inspiration with the photo studio on merchant vision including PDP styling, upcoming trends, and special shoots.
- Attend floor set meetings to support ideas around trend table looks, wall outfits and in-store storytelling
What will you bring to the table?
What are we looking for?
- 3-5 years of experience in apparel merchandising is required
- Degree in Product Development, Fashion Merchandising or similar discipline
- Proven success managing and leading teams with strong coaching and developing skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail while managing multi-tasking across multiple seasons
- Ability to prioritize and meet essential deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills are required
- Organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate with several cross functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with emphasis in Excel and Google Enterprise products.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture
Posting ID: 611338086Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Trend Manager