We are hiring an Entry Level Diesel Mechanic in St. Charles, IL!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country? If you answered "Yes" to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!Please contact Shannon @ 970-324-3482 for more information!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future!
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
#j Under close supervision, this position performs minor routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles.Works with the assistance of a T2, T3, T4, TIC SS or SM, when performing technical and diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage development in a productive manner.
- High Diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, work shift work/weekend as required, perform all entry level tasks, and demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply knowledge of computers
- Some experience in transportation maintenance preferred
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance
- Performs component identification and minor repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance with training and support
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Perform all entry level tasks
- Diagnoses minor mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Posting ID: 611338234Posted: 2021-03-16Job Title: Diesel Mechanic Technician