Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process. Specific Job Summary
The Senior Analyst, Enterprise Business Solutions (EBS) plays a significant role in the development, support, and stabilization of financial applications and related processes at Marriott Vacation Worldwide Corporation. The Sr. Analyst is responsible for maintaining the BirchStreet eProcurement application, analyzing business needs to help identify business problems and propose and deliver solutions. The incumbent has shared responsibility with technology resources for understanding and translating business needs into effective requirements. The Sr. Analyst participates in financial application projects, upgrades, implementations and enterprise technology solutions, contributing specialized financial application skills and knowledge to support the financial accounting areas of MVW. This position is responsible for providing business process and requirements documentation, as well as working closely with the business in efforts to leverage technology to streamline and automate core financial transactions. The position will also support or lead smaller upgrades and implementation of other enterprise financial applications. Expected Contributions
Specific Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- Provides in-depth business and discipline knowledge in support of MVW's Procurement processes, managing phased implementation and maintaining of BirchStreet eProcurement application, supplier catalog management, accounts payable and other financial information systems
- Works with key business partners and subject matter experts to draft functional and technical requirement documentation
- Works with technical resources to draft conceptual and detailed design documentation
- Performs solution delivery planning for unit / user acceptance testing and deployment
- Monitors key performance measures and audits controls of accounting, consolidation, and/or reporting information systems
- Identifies solutions and implements best-practice processes and information systems for enterprise business solutions
- Collaborates with external technical service providers to satisfy system change standards to meet the needs of business stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with business users to understand complexities of the business and ensure timely exchange of information, user satisfaction, and process improvements
- Monitors the audit systems controls process including EBS system change management and separation of duties
- Provides support for accounting and reporting information systems
- Develops & maintains strong customer relationships
- Acts as a team lead for implementation and upgrade projects for the various financial applications
- Develops an understanding of MVW accounting processes and how they interact with MVW applications
- Assists in special projects as required
- Performs other duties as needed
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant experience typically requiredSpecific Candidate ProfileEducation
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems or equivalent experience required
Skills and Attributes
- At least seven (7) years of relevant and progressive work experience
- Demonstrated success leading and developing a strong project team in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment
- Proven experience with large scale Enterprise Resource Planning ERP implementations preferably PeopleSoft Financials, including leading systems upgrades and enhancements
- Proficient use of SQL or similar tool sets in analyzing and documenting data requirements and business rules
- Hospitality and/or Timeshare experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (all apps).
- SQL analysis experience
- Procurement application and process experience
- BirchStreet eProcurement experience preferred
- PeopleSoft Financials experience preferred
- Possesses business and technical knowledge of all financial interfaces and special programs
- Possesses proficient knowledge of US and International accounting processes & policies
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex business processes and develop solutions to address business system needs in a holistic manner
- Strong communication and networking skills providing the ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional matrix environment
- Pro-active, assertive, motivated and disciplined
- Effective at prioritizing work and following through on commitments
- Demonstrated agility in a constantly changing, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated understanding of business process mapping methodologies
- Demonstration leadership in the project and upgrade implementations
- Strong service orientation and excellent communication skills
- Energetic and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture
Posting ID: 611338848Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Senior Accounting Analyst