Eaton's North American Sales division is currently seeking an Inside Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Houston, TX location. Relocation is being offered for candidates living outside of 50 miles from this location. Position Overview:
The primary function of an Inside Sales Engineer (ISE) role will be to support management, outside sales engineers and internal/external customers in providing effective solutions to challenging problems involving technical, service, and commercial issues in the Eaton Electrical Sales Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: closing orders based upon expertise developed in selling skills and technical knowledge, selling abilities to position Eaton Electrical into preferred position in market and customer activity, providing technical knowledge regarding products/services, negotiating & pricing industrial and construction projects. This role also sells assigned product lines to targeted customers in designated geography or industry with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin. The ISE provides technical product support for distributors and other duties that may be assigned by the Area Sales Manager.
The Inside Sales Engineer is to act as a technical and commercial resource to field sales, customers and distributors for quotations and project management of power quality and power distribution, power protection, and power equipment maintenance; including electrical solutions from complex custom industrial and commercial assembly applications to residential components. Serve the needs of many customer market segments including: Data Centers, Commercial Construction, Industrial, Machinery OEM's, Panel Builder & Electrical OEM's, Residential and Utility.
The primary functions include; accurate and timely plan and specification interpretation, quotation and technical support; communication with customers, warehouse and plants to facilitate problem resolution; proactive identification of sales potential and follow up to secure orders
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.In this function you will:
- Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications. Determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle within the market segment pertaining to each specific negotiation
- Proactively facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution
- Coordinate warranty and non-warranty repairs and returns, which include shipping issues or service requests
- Project manage small to medium projects on as needed basis
- Establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines strategic plans for sales growth.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are strongerQualifications :Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance will be provided if residing outside 50 miles of this location.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience or exposure to a manufacturing organization
- Electrical experience with low to medium voltage Systems
- Commercial experience
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.