Location: UC Medical Center
Department: Cardiovascular Recovery
Shift: Night - weekend only
Hours: 24 hours per week
At UC Health, we're proud to have the best and brightest teams and clinicians collaborating toward our common purpose: to advance healing and reduce suffering.
As the region's adult academic health system, we strive for innovation and provide world-class care for not only our community, but patients from all over the world. Join our team and you'll be able to develop your skills, grow your career, build relationships with your peers and patients, and help us be a source of hope for our friends and neighbors.
UC Health is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of employment.
The registered nurse 24 for 24 competently performs nursing assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation on individuals and groups of individuals as related to their identified needs. This nursing process is ongoing, modified based on changes in condition and views patient and family as one unit. The registered nurse is able to communicate effectively with physicians, families, and other health care personnel in order to function as a patient/family advocate. Care is culturally based and age specific. The RN 24 for 24 works weekends only, 24 hours over the weekend, at an elevated pay rate on a six-month renewable contract.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Associate's degree, minimum required. Bachelor's degree, preferred.
License and Certification: Current Ohio RN License.
Years of Experience: Cardiology/Critical Care 2+ years equivalent experience preferred
Required Skills and Knowledge:
• Passing grade on dysrhythmias/EKG exam upon completion and yearly
• Procedural Sedation Competency yearly
• Care for patients requiring hemodynamic monitoring- arterial lines and Swans Ganz catheters only
• Care for pre and post procedural patients, including but not limited to; angiogram, angioplasty, pacemaker/ICD placement, ablation, TEE/Cardioversion, Tilt table test, Loop recorder placement/removal
• Competent in management of post procedural care, including but not limited to; access site management, hemodynamic stability, complex assessment
• Competent in arterial and venous sheath pulls
• Demonstrates and verbalizes knowledge and understanding of the care for a heart failure patient
Posting ID: 611339644Posted: 2021-03-16