Eaton's North American Sales Division is currently seeking a Sr. Utilities Solutions Architect to join our team. This position will be based remotely from home office or in Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN, Tampa, FL, Orlando, FL, or Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.Position Overview:
The Senior Utilities Solution Architect acts as a bridge between the client operations and IT team, Eaton technical sales consultants and subject matter experts, and third party technology providers - in bringing together a software solution that translates the client business problems to technical software requirements and ultimately a software solution. The focus of this role will be on "solutions" design, development and selling for the region, which are an integrated package of Eaton software content, Eaton digital platform, third party software technology, Eaton equipment and associated implementation/customization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.In this function you will:
- Lead Eaton technical sales engagement with clients in the energy and utilities industry (IOUs, municipalities, cooperatives) for outcomes, consultative and solution selling opportunities. Be able to articulate the solution to C-level executives as well as technical operations teams for clients.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for clients: work with internal Eaton teams and third-party technology providers to identify client business problems, facilitate requirements design thinking sessions, architecture presentations, product feature descriptions and value propositions, and software solution demos.
- Work with the technical sales consultants, business development managers and proposals team within the region, to develop software value propositions for key utilities stakeholders: executives, operators, finance leaders and IT leaders, and also be able to put together compelling proposals for Eaton software solutions
- Respond to RFP documents, put together solution requirements and design, system customization and configuration, align service offerings and ultimately be the client's point of contact for maintaining the software solution roadmap.
- Develop templates and best practices for software solution deployment into utilities client accounts, working with the regional professional services/delivery team.
- Help with existing and new account planning and strategy, to bring in Eaton software content and grow software revenue in the region. Provides technical and sales consulting, support for major account opportunities.
- Develop a broad network of software technology providers, stay current with latest technologies in the utilities space (AMI/AMR, smart meters, networking, meter to cash best practices, distribution automation etc.,)
- Position Eaton value through our software content: position appropriate Eaton software products, services, third party technologies as part of a software solution that fits the client needs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual base salary range for this role is $114,000 - $157,000 a year and is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive plan with a target at 30% of base salary.Qualifications :Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field required from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of deep domain expertise within the distribution automation and utilities industry, developing and deploying software for utilities
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Computer Science/Engineering degree preferred
- 5+ years of technical sales experience with contemporary software technologies like cloud/SaaS, AI/ML, edge computing solutions, analytics software packages and cybersecurity
- 5+ years of outcomes selling, consultative, software solution selling experience to executive and technical buyers in the utilities industry.
- 5+ years of experience developing and translating business use cases to solution requirements and architecture documentation, with focus on software solutions for utility enterprises.
- Ability to travel up to 25-50%
- Highly fluent with emerging utility industry trends and implications on customers: Grid optimization solutions, distribution automation, substation automation, AMI/AMR, demand side management, distributed energy resources and energy storage solutions.
- Technology leadership, self-motivation and drive to work with internal Eaton and external (partner, client) stakeholders for client satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate with all levels (executive, technical) internally and externally, and manage through long term relationships and influence.
- Collaborative; develops longer term working relationships with the utilities offer management directors, offer managers, delivery and engineering teams. Leverages influence to drive new ideas for growth.
- Drives innovation through a culture of learning, front-line empowerment risk taking and obsessive customer focus.
- Change agent for our customers/clients, sales organization, working through influence, trust and evangelism of new ideas for software solution development and selling. Be the champion in bridging the gap between business users, operations and information technology users.
- Excellent client/customer facing skills: able to represent Eaton's digitalization/software journey with customers and be able to articulate Eaton's software value propositions.
- Strategic business acumen and complex problem-solving skills in a highly matrixed organization.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.