GBS Building Supply, a division of US LBM, was formed in 1972 by a group of homebuilders in search of a better source for lumber, roofing, millwork, and more within Greenville, SC. Since then, the company has expanded across South Carolina and North Carolina. Today, we provide the best in specialty building products and services to professional builders and contractors across the Carolinas and Georgia. Things you should know about working at GBS Building Supply:
Position Overview:Performs a wide variety of administrative, clerical, accounting, and related support functions for store operations and/or sales.Essential Job Duties:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Performs various administrative functions including typing, filing, answering phones, preparing reports and maintaining records.
- Performs basic accounting functions such as invoicing, matching tickets, processing purchase orders, and functional payroll.
- Receives and dates incoming production orders, processes production tickets and maintains associated files as necessary.
- Operates the computer as needed for general reports and record keeping.
- Opens and sorts mail; processes items as applicable.
- Orders office supplies and keeps records of associated costs.
- Maintains customer records.
- Provides information and assistance to customers both in person and on the telephone.
- Complies with Companys attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Minimum education required High School Diploma.
- Minimum experience required 1 year of office/administration.
- Special skills required Ability to type accurately 50 WPM, clerical skills, use of computer and word processor, good communication skills and basic accounting and inventory principles.
- Confidentiality requirementFrequently exposed to confidential information.
- Physical demands include lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing, walking or sitting for extended periods of time, and bending or stooping.
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Well support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
GBS Building Supply, a Division of US LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, order of protection status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Click Here to Apply Applicant Tracking System Powered by
Posting ID: 611339803Posted: 2021-03-09