Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans. SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The basic purpose of this position is to contribute to the facility's sales and operational performance by performing the day-to-day warehouse activities including shipping, receiving, inventory control and general administrative functions. Individuals in this position must work cooperatively and productively. The goal is to insure adequate stock levels of all products in the facilities and help maximize sales by efficiently receiving product deliveries, restocking the facility and shipping to customers.
- Ensure back room is organized to support receiving, storing and shipping of stock.
- Unload in-coming merchandise from truck.
- Load orders on truck for customer deliveries as needed.
- Prepare out-going orders and ship as instructed.
- Check in-coming merchandise against bills of lading and invoice for accuracy.
- Provide input regarding inventory levels in the warehouse/stockroom.
- Identify potential damaged/obsolete material and handle per established policy/procedures.
- Oversee will-calls and proper flow of paperwork.
- Pull products from sales floor displays and/or stockroom/warehouse.
- Properly return all containers to correct inventory location.
- Restock warehouse shelves and sales floor displays with product received from DSC and outside vendors and rotate stock per batch dates.
- Ensure deliveries are prepared to meet customer requirements in the most efficient manner.
- Ensure appropriate forms are completed for hazardous material deliveries.
- Locate out-of-stock items as necessary.
- Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner.
- Clean, fill and repair tinting, mixing and color matching equipment as necessary.
- Identify facility/equipment problems and make recommendations.
- Ensure merchandise has been processed through the POS or recorded on manual POST form prior to merchandise leaving the store.
- Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping.
- Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
- Take immediate action to contain spillage using hazardous material containment procedures as outlined in the Work Safe Manual, including proper and timely reporting.
- Assist with deliveries and customer services including waiting on customers, order taking, tinting and mixing, and telephone inquiries.
- Assist with physical inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
- Employee must have a valid driver's license.
- Employee may be required to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50lbs and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Posting ID: 611340418Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Facility