Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications :
The Oracle SDWAN software development team is seeking an experienced Platform software engineer. We are seeking candidates with at least 10+ years of intensive C/C++ development experience in a Linux environment and prior networking experience.
Location: Morrisville, NC About us:
Oracle Failsafe SD-WAN delivers both MPLS-class high availability and high QoE (Quality of Experience) predictable application performance for both TCP-based apps and real-time apps like VoIP and videoconferencing, whether built on a hybrid MPLS plus Internet WAN fabric, or a WAN made up only of Internet connections.RESPONSIBLITIES
- Rapid and continuous learning to support new features, innovation.
- Design, develop, maintain and unit test Oracle SDWAN software on a Linux platform.
- Work/Co-ordinate/collaborate with the global Oracle Communications team in an Agile/Waterfall development environment.
- Review, troubleshoot and resolve field escalations. Write root cause analysis for field issues.
- Participate in discussions and maintenance to improve the software performance, maintainability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Oracle SDWAN team is currently seeking someone with 10+ years of C/C++ software engineering in a Linux environment. Prior telecom, networking, cloud experience is expected.
- Bachelors in engineering/computer science education spanning 4 years.
- Programming languages: C/C++
- Intel X86 Arch
- Linux Kernel (Modules, Build, Configuration etc.)
- Linux Distributions: e.g. Oracle Linux, Debian, Red Hat, CentOS.
- Bootstrapping new platforms (x86, ARM)
- Performance Optimization and core load balance
Good to have:
- X86 Assembly
- DPDK, Netmap, ...
- Hypervisors Type 1, Type 2
- VMWare, KVM, Xen, HyperV
- Containers: e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud providers: e.g. Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Perl, Shell scripting
- A strong command on spoken and written English.
- An ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Excellent team skills, a can-do attitude, a focus on quality, and a drive to make a difference in a dynamic, fast paced organization.
Posting ID: 611340571Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Software Developer