What You Will Do
As a hospice registered nurse for Amedisys, you have the special opportunity to provide one on one hospice and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. In collaboration with a full hospice interdisciplinary team, your work will including the development and delivery of a patient specific care plan for the patient and caregivers.
- Collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to coordinate, provide and maintain continuity of patient care.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- Complete an updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and others providing patient care.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and licensed practical nurses/licensed vocational nurses.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
Posting ID: 611340719Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Nurse