What You Will Do
Responsible for the evaluation/admission and/or transfer process of patients following referral.
- Responsible for the evaluation/admission and/or transfer process of patients following referral.
- Serves as the first line of customer service for internal and external customers.
- Receives and documents patient referrals to home health services, ensuring compliance with applicable coverage criteria.
- Gathers appropriate information to assist the clinical team in scheduling an evaluation visit.
- Coordinates the evaluation/admission process and may assign field staff to conduct initial assessment.
- Communicates pertinent patient information to the care center team.
- Makes referrals to other community resources as directed by the Director of Operations/BD team.
- Coordinates with other departments for insurance verification and payer authorization as needed.
- Communicates and follows up with Business Development regarding pending admissions as needed or as directed by Director of Operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two (2+) years of administrative experience in a healthcare environment.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Home health or Hospice experience
Posting ID: 611340774Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Intake Coordinator Non