Performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice.
1. Triage incoming telephone calls; responds to questions regarding medications and treatment instructions; coordinates telephone request to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician's directions and protocols.
2. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with clinical nursing standards; observes, records, and reports patient's condition; advises physician of patient's adverse reactions to drugs and/or treatments.
3. Provides patient education and teaching under the direction of a physician; answers questions regarding diagnostic testing and treatment.
4. Dresses wounds according to standard clinical procedures.
5. Administers and monitors IV fluids and medications as necessary.
6. Performs MA duties as indicated (see MA III job description).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Successful completion of an accredited registered nurse program OR bachelor's degree in nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
State of Georgia Licensure as a registered nurse required.
Posting ID: 611340781Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Rn