What You Will Do
Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing care according to physician's orders based on agency policies and procedures, through the competent application of the nursing process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of home care and competency in discipline specific patient care skills, required by the care center for the provision of patient care.
- May be assigned RN visits as member of care team, and/or may be required to supervise a patient caseload, including LPN's and HHA's.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments, as assigned, and collaborates with patient multi-disciplinary care team (PT, OT, ST, MSW and paraprofessionals) and other health care professionals to develop/modify and implement an individualized plan of care as per physician orders that ensures quality, proper discharge planning and achieves desired outcomes and goals.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by communicating information (for example, changes in the plan of care, new orders, lab results, etc) timely, effectively and systematically with all team members providing care to the patient. Facilitates interdisciplinary communication and follow-up through care coordination on assigned patients and/or caseload of patients for duration they are on service.
- Provides patient episode management per company protocol.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the patient's needs or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Utilizes a combination of care center resources and rationally recognizes standards of practice to achieve positive clinical outcomes.
- Participates in clinical outcomes monitoring, follow up and care center performance improvement initiatives.
- Initiates, plans and provides staff education and performs competency and skills validation for staff as needed.
- Utilizes accepted company teaching materials in patient/family education.
- Regularly communicates patient progress to the clinical manager.
- Completes documentation timely, accurately, and at the point of care, according to industry standards, conventions and guidelines, including OASIS assessments, SOC/Admissions, Recertifications, ABN's, subsequent visits, physician orders, care coordination, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- One (1+) year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN). If less than 1 year clinical experience as a RN, candidate must be approved by VP Clinical.
- Current CPR certification.
- Able to assess patient status and identify requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Posting ID: 611340841Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Registered Nurse