What You Will Do
As a home health nurse with Amedisys, you will provide one on one skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to implement and follow a patient specific care and treatment plan.
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents such as clinical progress notes using a clinician preferred technology and within established timelines.
- Participates in Team/Case Conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Acute care experience as a licensed nurse with the adult population in a medical - surgical environment.
- Previous home health or hospice experience.
Posting ID: 611340874Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse