The Operational Risk Sr Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
ORM-T/C & D provides challenge and oversight of Citi's first line of defense technology, cybersecurity, and data management organizations.The Program Management team within ORM-T/C & D is the central utility for all of ORM-T/C & D and is responsible for the ORM-T/C & D Framework and Operating Model, Governance, Reporting, Continuous Monitoring, and Audit & Regulatory Response Management.The candidate will utilize past technology and cyber audit and controls experience to operate the ORM-T/C & D regulatory response capability, with the goal to represent our work and program to internal and external regulatory bodies via written responses and presentations.
- Develop ORM-T/C & D response materials for regulatory and Internal Audit inquiries. Perform coordination within the team to obtain the necessary materials and own delivery of regulatory and audit responses, preparation for regulatory meetings, and interaction with first and second line exam managers.
- Operate as a support contact and central point of communication with other peer regulatory engagement teams ORM is required to engage with during regulatory exams and internal audit reviews.
- Conduct internal regulatory preparatory activities with ORM-T/C & D personnel and provide feedback to management and the team regarding deliverable request and meeting materials.
- Provide coaching to the management and team in advance of regulatory exam meetings to ensure consistency and applicability of the message, and that the materials meet regulatory request/expectations.
- Manage the collection, review and delivery of all deliverables and follow-up requests required for successful completion of the examination process.
- Anticipate questions and/or concerns that may arise during examinations. 'Connect the dots' among different First Line and Second Line teams. Communicate the 'big picture' to both the internal team and regulators in a written response.
- Responsible for communicating exam status and updates to Senior Management and the team.
- Development and operation of central repository for ORM-T/C & D regulatory responses, enabling easy retrieval and historical lookback.
- Development of strategic regulatory responses for Matters Requiring Attention (MRA), if necessary.
- Provide governance support for any in-progress MRA plans, if necessary.
- Support the short and long term actions for the regulatory updates intended to provide a clear and holistic vision of the ORM-T/C & D progress.
The candidate will have 10+ years of experience in a technology and cybersecurity risk management, audit, or compliance setting.The candidate will have proven experience authoring work products, narratives, and presentations that received high executive visibility.It is desired the candidate will have experience managing a portfolio of work, managing work streams to completion under tight deadlines, and being accountable to senior management.Prior experience in global financial services firms and/or Big 4 preferred.Specifically,
- Knowledge of technology and cybersecurity risk management concepts and principles, and the processes and controls necessary to execute such a program
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to synthesize key messages to describe processes and controls for non-technical audiences. Exceptional Communication and presentation skills to peers and upper management.
- Ability to creatively set and manage multiple deadlines among various internal stakeholders (peers, senior leadership)
- Solid relationship management and customer service skills as the provider of a service across multiple teams. Ability to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and influential skills, as the role requires close interaction with ORM-T/C & D Coverage Teams recommending a specific course of action and influencing adoption.
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability when facing unique challenges of a dynamic organization.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent follow-up and strong attention to detail.
- Detail oriented with analytical skills, with an ability to perform data manipulation and presentation. Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Posting ID: 611341298Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Regulatory Response