Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
We currently have an opportunity for a Sr Key Account Manager for central U.S.This is a highly visible regional field sales position. It entails selling Abbott Diabetes Care's products, including Abbott's revolutionary FreeStyle Libre Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, to strategic regional retailers and wholesale partners. The position includes calling on the following key customer types: Regional Retailers and Regional Wholesalers. The selling process includes developing new business in defined regional accounts. It includes determining customer needs, developing account specific strategies, creating customer commitment to change, forecasting and building and cultivating relationships at senior levels within organizations to create strategic partnerships. WHAT YOU"LL DO - Main Responsibilities
- Identifies strategic partnership opportunities with Retail Pharmacy Chains
- Initiates and cultivates relationships in all areas of pharmacy including but not limited to Rx, Managed Care, Regional Management, Supply Chain and Clinical Staff
- Educates pharmacy staff, management, and clinical teams on CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) and FreeStyle Libre products
- Manages the business side of each called on customer which includes forecasting sales and working with supply chain buyers
- Implements programs at pharmacy chains that result in generating prescriptions for FreeStyle Libre products
- Executes marketing initiatives at accounts to support education and sales
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING - Qualifications
- This position will be responsible for developing business in accounts that are regional in scope.
- Other accountabilities include budgeting, planning and implementation of strategic customer visits, semiannual business reviews, accurate forecasting, preparation of customer business plans, and new product distribution.
- Four-year bachelor's degree required in business administration or life sciences (including but not limited to pharmacy, biology, physiology, nutrition, and/or clinical chemistry) required.PharmD a plus. Life sciences background will be helpful due to technical nature of products.
- 3-5 years of successful pharmacy experience, selling experience, disease state management experience and/or payor health plan experience.
- Knowledge of prescription products and pharmacy operations is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including presentation and listening skills)
- Analytical skills
- Relationship building and networking skills
- Program implementation/project management skills
- High energy level; positive attitude and confidence
- Integrity and professionalism
- Initiative and self-motivation; work ethic and career ambition; organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Resourcefulness, leadership and team orientation
- Ability to work with peers from other divisions, and ancillary support groups such as Marketing, Contract Marketing, Credit/Finance and Account Sales & Service to develop account specific solutions
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
Sales Force DIVISION:
ADC Diabetes Care LOCATION:
United States of America : Remote ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 75 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf