Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott's MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it's glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier.
Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
- Assemble heart valves in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures.
- Utilize small hand tools, calibrated instruments, measuring equipment, microscopes and test fixtures.
- Participate in meetings as requested. Work with peers, trainer, supervisor, and engineers to resolve line issues and suggest improvements.
- Maintain clean room integrity by using proper attire and adherence to clean room environment practices and procedures.
- Maintain accurate documentation records related to quality, work in progress, test results, and special projects. Adhere to and support general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR and FDA regulations.
- Proficient in basic assembly procedures. Build and evaluate prototype components and devices
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Role is primarily responsible for Operational project planning implementation, valve process planning feedback, and manufacturing testing standards review and compliance.
- Valve Specialists are responsible for ensuring the tissue, stent, and all compliant valve materials used in Tendyne's end product, successfully meet all planning based on design, testing, verification, validation for new and existing products, and support of team members.
- The Valve Specialist and this team are responsible for reporting results to the management team, team members, and any investigative auditors regarding issues that could impact the quality, efficacy or safety of the product.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
0-2 years' experience in related field WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer: A fast-paced work environment
where your safety is our priority
Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled Training and career development
, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance Financial security
through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans Health care and well-being programs
including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs Paid time off 401(k)
retirement savings with a generous company match The stability of a company
with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communitiesLearn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal JOB FAMILY:
SH Structural Heart LOCATION:
United States > Minnesota> St. Paul > Woodridge : 177 East County Rd B ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf