Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives. WHAT YOU'LL DO
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Sr. Remote Care Technician. Working under close and direct supervision on defined work assignments and/or usually following established procedures, to answer technical and informational questions. Works in a call center work environment, exercising basic customer service skills in responding to remote patient monitoring inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, field staff, and patients. Responds accurately, promptly, and effectively to such inquiries and provides the basic clinical and technical interface between patients, the remote care medical community, and various internal departments. Impact this role will have on Abbott:
• Answer inquiries regarding technical issues and/or complaints, as well as adverse events by identifying and collecting information from callers.
• Triages calls and may forward them to other personnel for further assistance when appropriate.
• Problems involve website navigation and troubleshooting, patient monitor set-up, and product information for remote care products; usually refers more complex problems to supervisor or more senior level personnel. Remains abreast of remote care advancements within Abbott and industry. On a 24-hour, "on call basis" (rotating between other department employees) follows outlined protocols to guide patients over the telephone to manually transmit transtelephonic data from a patient's CardioMEMS HF System patient device. This includes assisting with failed automatic transmission as well as facilitating manual transmissions required due to equipment connection issues.
• Directs patients on the proper installation and set-up of transmitter equipment and assists in troubleshooting transmitter connectivity issues.
• Documents patient system complaints by preparing Field Contact Reports (FCR's) and forwarding them to Product Reporting. Documents and forwards transmitter/receiver technical issues, anomalies, and engineering improvements by completing Software Work Requests (SWR's).
• Guides customers in navigating the Merlin.net website. Responds to physician and clinician password reset requests to the Merlin.net website.
• Assists customers by providing alternative data transmission options when the server or Information Technology (IT) connections are temporarily down.
• Following a set of standard routines, refers implantable device issues to the Technical Service department.
• Resolves and/or facilitates the resolution of problems including identifying their causes to prevent re occurrence.
• Complete required trainings and certifications as needed EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
• AA degree or above
• 5 years of equivalent experience
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance. Preferred
• Prefer experience in a customer service, product support, IT, telecommunications or related role with medical device technical support experience preferred.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred. WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
Support Services DIVISION:
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure LOCATION:
United States > Pleasanton : 6035 Stoneridge Dr ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf