Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac, PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our Plant location in Tipp City, OH
currently has an opportunity for a Packaging Equipment Operator
. With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation, Abbott's Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering Magazine's "2017 Plant of the Year." Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 260 that works together to help nourish the world. Please note: This is a day shift position from 6:00 am to 6:30 pm and allows you to have every other weekend off. Week 1 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hoursWeek 2 Mon - OFF, Tues - OFF, Wed - 12 hours, Thurs - 12 hours, Fri - OFF, Sat - OFF, Sun - OFFWeek 3 Mon - 12 hours, Tues - 12 hours, Wed - OFF, Thurs - OFF, Fri - 12 hours, Sat - 12 hours, Sun - 12 hoursWHAT YOU'LL DO
The Packaging Equipment Operator operates and cleans all production related equipment in the area of responsibility. The operator starts up and shutdowns all equipment according to established procedures or specifications and perform minor to major clearing of jams and downtime issues on the line.The operator reports any abnormal equipment functionor product problems to the Supervisor. The operator is responsible for the safe operations of all equipment andpromptly reports all incidents, injuries or safety hazards. The operator is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work area by utilizing all 5S cleaning and tools necessary to keep the area clean and clear of debris, yet neat and organized. The operator may be required to perform job tasks at different work times, on different work schedulesand also in other departments dependent upon business needs. The operator will be required to work overtime as needed, and to provide line coverage during vacations, roving holidays and sick time to support their natural work team.
- The operator maintains accurate and legible records such as Production Counts, Material Usage/Losses and properly document information on Batch Work orders as per the company procedures
- The operator is responsible for adhering to the product isolation procedures, along with sampling and proper identification of product status
- The operator maintains an adequate supply of materials to the equipment in operation, and also monitor supply usage and correct releases
- The operator troubleshoots and make the necessary adjustments as required to maintain quality performance
- The operator ensures that both products and materials are of proper identification, correct codes and expiration dates
- In addition, products and materials should also have acceptable visual and physical appearance
This position is accountable for all rules and regulations applicable to the manufacture of both pediatric and nutritional products. This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA, GMP, OSHA and Abbottregulations, policies, procedures or guidelines. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
High school diploma/GED is required. This position requires the ability to communicate pertinent line information to both production and support group personnel.A high level of attention to detail is required. WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off - 3.5 weeks (prorated in first year of hire)
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal JOB FAMILY:
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain LOCATION:
United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Wear ear plugs
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf