Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:Structural Heart)
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
This manager position that is responsible for leading a team to support both Abbott's investigational TriClip Tricuspid Valve Repair System (TVRS) IDE study along with CE mark launch thru field and customer training to optimize procedural outcomes and efficiencies. This manager role will build the new training programs (SOP/DOPs) and process for all phases of this new therapy (clinical trial and commercial launch) for US and as the global point person to collaborate with the EMEA TriClip Training team.
This position is Santa Clara, California based and spends significant time in the US field for the clinical trial and Europe for CE launch strategic meetings. Strong leadership and teamwork skills are required. The position requires strong program management experience and knowledge to integrate with clinical science, clinical operations, EMEA & MitraClip training groups, global marketing, R&D, and other cross functional teams.
- As a member of the Structural Heart Training team, this manager job requires the following responsibilities:
- In building a new therapy, the ability to work with other cross functional team members and global counterparts is imperative to ensure program management, communication, collaboration, alignment and implementation of training.
- Leadership skills
- Point person for cross functional teams to represent global training needs
- Build a US-based TriClip national training team to ensure optimal outcomes and training program development
- Ensure career plan and development for all direct reports from trial to commercialization
- Interpersonal, Presentation, and Implementation Skills
- Create alignment between global stake holders (training, R&D, clinical science, clinical operations, KOL investigators etc) on training process, programs, and content.
- Present training program strategic updates
- Create training program overview content and give direction for mandatory & supplemental training program content that subject matter experts complete
- Program Management
- Strategic planning to develop the global training program for all phases of the new TVRS therapy (from clinical trial, commercial launch readiness, commercial launch, and ongoing therapy support)
- Responsible for procedural training SOP/DOP's development, content/models/simulators, event-based training, local training
- Budget forecasting and management
- National responsibility for TRILUMINATE IDE sites for patient screening, trial awareness, eligibility committee call slide creation on clipability perspectives, case proctoring, etc. to ensure quality and timely enrollment with high customer satisfaction.
- Strategic planning
- Budget management
- Monitor product performance outcomes for additional training or product design input for trial sites.
- Content Creation
- Development of global training curriculum for commercial and investigational devices. Working with KOL thought leaders, R&D, Training, Clinical Engineering to create new training content.
This manager position is accountable for building the TriClip Tricuspid Valve Repair System (TVRS) new therapy, training process, and training team. To create a consistent global procedure training process, this position will collaborate with global KOLs, EMEA field proctors & training, clinical science and others to refine key learnings on patient selection for clipability and procedural approaches (steering and echo) to ensure TR reduction and durability of results for the TRILUMINATE IDE and to support the CE launch. Key learnings will be incorporated into product design, IFU updates, and training curriculum (both mandatory and supplemental). Field-based customer interactions for training and challenge case diagnosis/solutions will also facilitate optimal clinical outcomes & efficiencies. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired
Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.Preferred
Ten years of relevant work experience with strong project management. Direct experience working with physician customers. A clinical background and/or strong clinical knowledge and aptitude. Strong communication skills. Ability to work with several levels within the organization and in cross functional teams. Solid understanding and application of business concepts, procedures, and practices. Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications. WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- (MFTG ONLY): A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- (MFTG ONLY): Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Sales Support & Administration DIVISION:
AVD Vascular LOCATION:
United States of America : Remote ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 50 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf