Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:Program Manager Innovation (R&D) - PPMO
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac, PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for a Program Manager Innovation (R&D) - PPMO
. In Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Management ofArea portfolio for new strategies and products
- Management of theportfolio through launch grids, project lists, prioritizations, project data, and resource allocations (in the project ERP) monthly to support AN's innovation sales
- Directly manage 3 to 5 Project Managers
- Identify process issues and recommend improvements to senior leaders
- Assist in idea capture and cataloging activities of new ideas for Business Unit
- Maintain documentation, provide data management and identify communication plans for knowledge sharing for project deliverables for management review. Oversee execution and delivery of all projects and programs within span of program control
- Recommend and implement PM strategies and enhancements to improve efficiency
- Provide clear and consistent communication, both oral and written, to all project stakeholders on key project elements such as scope, timeline, issues, etc.
- Act as point of contact for project reporting & updates to Business Unit and senior leadership
- Programs represent line extensions, reformulations, new products, new manufacturing processes and new packages
- Manage programs across all key functional areas
- Effective Stakeholder Management:
- Perform Stakeholder Analysis - Gather and analyzequantitative and qualitative information to determine whose interests should be taken into consideration throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement - Communicate and work with stakeholders to meet their needs/expectations, address issues as they occur and foster appropriate stakeholder engagement in project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- ControlStakeholder Engagement: Monitoroverall project stakeholder relationships and adjust strategies and plans for engaging stakeholders. Maintain /Update Project Milestones and Issues Log throughoutproject cycle.
- Escalation: Utilize guidance/business practices to bringissue(s) to a higher level of authority/management for resolution.
- Responsible for proactively identifying critical project issues and risks, and timely communication to senior leadership
- Provide cross-functional forecasting, tracking, reporting and oversight on project budget and expenditures.
- Understand organizational impact of project issues and engage Sr Management as necessary
- Effective; efficient resource utilization to achieve growth of key brands and new spaces to deliver LRP to Abbott.
- This position will work with limited supervision; is accountable for all program deliverables as a senior member within Project Management
- Translate general business goals and objectives into concrete strategic and tactical plans
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Brand's innovation plans
- Work with senior management to establish project scope recommendations and timing
- Manage resources and timing for current and future stages
- Negotiate resources and program timelines with senior leadership
- Provide training/coaching to meet organizational needs
- Accurately evaluate complex situations and identify solutions that create successful outcomes
- Ensure team is working within project/program scope and effectively coordinate the activities of the team to meet project milestones
- Ensure program scope and success criteria are clearly established; develop and manage overall program plans to meet deliverables
- Oversee execution and delivery of all projects and programs within span of program control.
- Manage cross-functional project timeline and follow-up with project team members to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Proactively identify changes in project scope and assure appropriate measures are taken to reassess and amend requirements, budget and timeline
- Participate in project assessments and communicate lessons learned
- Document cross-functional project plan in PM software Develop estimates and manage resources to deliver project objectives. Maintain documentation and provide data management for project deliverables; identify communication plans for knowledge sharing across functional areas and project teams.
- Ensure alignment with key planning processes, such as business planning, brand planning, customer planning, S&OP and corporate project reporting
- Work directly with functional area managers to resolve issues that impact completion of project objectives: determine when to escalate issues to appropriate levels of management
- Creates and delivers program review presentations to senior leadership
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired:
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
- Technical background sufficient to understand issues involved with the project
- Demonstrated ability in managing expectations on program requirements and deliverables
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined processes, procedures and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Erroneous decisions may result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or operations.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating and influencing cross-functionally: excellent interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrate stewardship and provide project leadership through R&D Project Management to meet Division strategies and business objectives
- Resolve project team conflicts
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 12+years of project management experience. PMP certification desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- Understanding of the strategic and operational context of the projects or business unit; organizational savvy
- 3-5 years' experience in project leadership roles
- Demonstrated expertise in leading teams
- Knowledge new product development process principles and experience working in stage gate processes - desirable
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking/problem-solving skills method
- Extensive knowledge of and competency in project management methodology and processes, including planning tasks and allocating resources, risk management, working in teams, issues management, monitoring and reporting, and documentation
- Strong written and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to negotiate consensus among diverse groups and influence the activities of others not in own reporting structure
- Personal integrity and courage to escalate issues about the project and to advocate for responsible solutions to management
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Ability to plan and facilitate meetings
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.comFollow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.JOB FAMILY:
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Project Management DIVISION:
ANRD Nutrition Research & Development LOCATION:
United States > Columbus : RP03 Floor-2 ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 15 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Posting ID: 611341765Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Program Manager