Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:About Abbott
For years, Abbott's medical device businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it's glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks. WHAT YOU'LL DO
Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Sets up and operates automatic or semi-automatic machines. May perform other tasks including, but not limited to; placing labels on packages, and putting data sheets with product. - (Northern California)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Assembles, repairs, inspect and/or test products following written instructions.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and other work related documents, written in English.
- Sets up and operates a variety of manufacturing machines or equipment following written instructions in the English language.
- Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures.
- Records information on approved documents.
- Disposes hazardous waste material on corresponding hazardous waste areas.
- Resolves problems and make routine recommendations.
- Trains other employees when necessary.
- Maintains all position certifications up to date as required to remain in compliance.
- Completes daily work to meet established schedule with guidance from supervisor on prioritization of tasks.
- Solves problems of limited scope and complexity requiring basic interpretation of well-defined procedures and practices.
- Maintains confidentiality in handling sensitive information or documents.
WHAT WE OFFER
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Two-year degree or some college credits preferred.
- Applies limited knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a basic understanding of department fundamentals. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Performs routine tasks working from detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Manufacturing roles only)
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Manufacturing roles only)
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
AVD Vascular LOCATION:
United States > Menlo Park : 3885 Bohannon Drive ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf