Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA
currently has an opportunity for a Medical Education Manager
. The Medical Education Manager summary
: Cardiovascular Disease State Knowledge & Vascular Product Knowledge:
Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skill in Cardiovascular Disease State & Vascular Products. Effectively applies knowledge to solve problems and manage projects.Project Management:
Highly skilled at Project Management process. Establishes and Leads Project Focus, Builds Collaborative Relationships. Provides Motivational Support to Project Teams. Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans. Customer Orientation. Lead project work teams and champion the timely completion of ad-hoc training activities and programs. Demonstrates independence by prioritizing and completing assignments. Activities may include tactics, tools, logistics, curricula development, model or technical development, basic messaging and targeting. Develops training plans, curricula, and materials to facilitate product or therapy training. Oversees market research, monitors competitive training plans and activity, and identifies unmet customer needs.Presentation Platform Skills:
Clearly communicates the session's topic, goal, and relevance to the participants using lecture or PowerPoint. Uses Audience engagement skills like humor, analogies, examples, metaphors, stories, and delivery methods.Leadership:
Champions issues that provide major implications for the company and may lead to accomplishing long-range objectives. Provides broad, technical advice. Mentors employees by sharing clinical and technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance. Acts as an advisor to management on specialized business projects (managerial, technical, leadership, clinical, training). Acts as a mentor to key staff members. Has demonstrated leadership and management qualities. Leads cross-functional teams/groups with little supervision, to develop new training programs or enhance existing programs(s) or product training activities. Coaches others on coronary specific programs, med ed course offerings and/or projects.Strategic Thinking:
Actively participates in comprehensive development of plans including an outline of duties and project assignments. Determines emerging trends and unmet educational or training needs provides information across functional boundaries in areas of coronary expertise. Responsible for the development and strategic planning of specific medical education & training plans and activities for specific therapies, products, and projects. Job Responsibilities
Medical Education (67% of time)
- Coordinate and execute all coronary MedEd programs. Programs to include but not limited to: PCI Masters, Advanced PCI, CMD peer to peer CTO Fundamentals, CTO 101, CTO 202, PCI Optimization, and OCT proctoring
- Plan, Coordinate, and execute trade show training & hands-on workshop activities for major symposia and conferences (Coronary). This also includes virtual, regional, and remote coronary med ed courses.
- Formulate strategy, curricula, agenda, and manage program offerings for Fellows Education program for Coronary Business Unit.
- Collaborate and Partner with key stakeholders (Marketing, Legal Regulatory, OEC, Regulatory Compliance, Sales Training, Marcom, MKTG Tradeshows, etc. when developing Medical Education programs as needed (ie: content/presentations, curricula, program outlines).
- Help ensure programs receive proper compliance review and approval, ensure content/presentations are routed/approved, establish clear plan of action for training projects (who is owning which aspect of the project, drive to deadlines).
- Provide management support for in-house logistics team for program and course execution.
- Project manage and support special projects when called upon (Internal Meetings, Training model development, new coronary content and course development, etc.).
Sales Training (33% of time)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Adult Learning Principles & Instructional Design
- Responsible for evaluating sales field training needs. Leveraging current training practices and technology. Creating and delivering a training development plans complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, and learning resources such as online modules and guides.
- Content Creation
- Develop and implement curricula relevant to the training of new field personnel either by original material development or through third party vendors.
- Develop and implement sales curricula and education materials for field training to support new product launches.
- Partner with Marketing and Field Development to develop and implement content and key messages for sales training programs and national, area, and regional meetings Field travel to conduct personnel assessments, strategic training initiatives, coaching and development of new hires, customer meetings and customer training.
- Design and implement e-learning initiatives.
- New Hire Training Management & Continuous Improvement
- Accountable for the development, delivery, and certification of necessary product, marketplace, and sales training for new field sales members and new sales management.
- Further develop the New Hire Sales Training Program through content revisions of product, sales skills, The addition of new modules and activities consistent with the company's needs, and the inclusion of current learning/training techniques and industry best practices.
- Help facilitate all property logistics associated with training programs and training initiatives both on and off campus.
- Develop and implement assessment tools for measuring training program effectiveness.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience (4-6 years minimum).
- 3 to 5 years of clinical and/or training experience in Cardiovascular and/or Endovascular Therapy area preferred or equivalent sales and/or marketing experience.
- Ability to apply the fundamental concepts and practices to conduct needs assessment and design training programs.
- Understanding and expertise in the technical aspects and application of current and new products in the coronary space.
- Affinity for educating others.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify and explain complex topics effectively and experience developing others.
- Excellent computer and software skills (experience with Microsoft Office or Adobe Creative Cloud required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent technical aptitude.
- Ingenuity and willingness to develop creative solutions to complex problems within defined constraints.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately >50%.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
Product Management DIVISION:
AVD Vascular LOCATION:
United States > Santa Clara : Building B - SC Floor-3 ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 50 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf